Interested in becoming a GIRO member ?
We invite you to join us as a GIRO member. Through your membership you will be supporting one of the island’s longest running non-profit organisations, whose mandate is to educate Gabriolans about reducing, reusing and recycling consumer waste and to advocate for responsible consumer and waste management practices.
As a member in good standing you will:
- be notified of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) as well as any special meetings
- receive annual financial reports and
- be eligible to vote in Board of Director elections.
Who knows; you might even consider putting your name forward for a position on the Board ! To be eligible for membership you must:
- (a) reside or own land in the Gabriola Island Local Trust area, as that area is established under the Islands Trust Act of British Columbia, and
- (b) be 16 years of age or older.
Membership dues are only $10 per person per year. We’ll send you a reminder just before the AGM in April. Pick up a membership form at the GIRO Depot or click below to download and print the form.