Interested in becoming a GIRO member ?
We invite you to join us as a GIRO member. Through your membership you will be supporting one of the island’s longest running non-profit organisations, whose mandate is to educate Gabriolans about reducing, reusing and recycling consumer waste and to advocate for responsible consumer and waste management practices.
Membership dues are only $10 per person, per year. We’ll send you a renewal reminder prior to the AGM.
You can renew your membership and pay for it online using our online application and payment form.
Apply In Person
You can also apply in person at the ReStore, or download and complete the following membership form and bring it into GIRO on your next visit along with your membership dues.
As a member in good standing you will:
- be notified of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) as well as any special meetings
- receive annual financial reports and
- be eligible to vote in Board of Director elections.
Who knows; you might even consider putting your name forward for a position on the Board ! To be eligible for membership you must:
- (a) reside or own land in the Gabriola Island Local Trust area, as that area is established under the Islands Trust Act of British Columbia, and
- (b) be 16 years of age or older.