March 28th, 2021
Since we reopened the Restore in January with new safety procedures we feel confident that we have been doing everything we can to stop the spread of COVID-19. However, the recent news of increased cases in this region is concerning and we would like to remind everyone visiting GIRO to please adhere to the safety procedures in place and consider your risk level. If you are elderly or vulnerable due to underlying health risks then it would be wise to refrain from shopping at GIRO until the number of cases in the region decline.
Since January, the following COVID safety measures are in place:
- We will no longer be using the number system and will be asking folks to line up along the left side of the building, under cover and spaced 6 feet apart.
- We will be operating on a 1 person in 1 person out policy (maximum 8 people in the store), with a designated door person letting folks in and out and monitoring hand sanitizing and mask wearing as well as physical spacing.
- If anyone is displaying cold or flu symptoms or refuses to mask/sanitize they will be asked to leave the premises.
- Once in the store we ask that folks always wear a mask, physically distance and limit shopping to 20 minutes.
- We also want to remind folks that although GIRO is unique in being a social enterprise, considering the pandemic, we ask that you limit your social interactions in the store and on property.
- Folks will leave the store by the front door as we will have the exit blocked to allow a line up to form undercover. We will be monitoring the amount of people on premises and if we are at capacity, we will close the pedestrian gate and follow the 1 in 1 out rule on the gate as well.
We appreciate your ongoing support and use of the GIRO services but we also want to keep you safe.